Red's Auto Parts is a third generation salvage business. It was started by Sam Gallay in Wood River in 1946 as a scrap iron business when his son Alfred returned home from military service. Alfred then moved to a new location in Wood River and focused on auto salvage. In 1952, Al purchased 13 acres in Cottage Hills and relocated the business where it remains in operation today by his son, Eric.